Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summertime and the Living is Easy

Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, Spain 
Image by: hotel hacienda-ibiza.com

Summer is waning, but one important fact remains: It is still summer. So, let's not give up on it yet. I spent many of my childhood summers swimming in lakes in Michigan. It has been a while since my last swim, however.  Stumbling upon Architecture Art Design's list of "24 Amazing Pools You Need to Jump in Before You Die" made me think about my old seasonal pastime. Many pools on the list are so stunning, just taking a dip there seems worth the entire trek.




A favorite from the above list would be hard to name, but the pool at Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena in Ibiza, Spain seems to have an amazing view.



Marina Bay Sands Resort, Singapore
Image: Vivek Prakash/Reuters


Another member of the list is the Marina Bay Sands Resort in Singapore.  (Rated one of the top 10 rooftop pools by The Huffington Post). Just look at that cityscape from the infinity pool.  

I will leave you with a view of the pool at the Sarojin in Thailand and The Hotel Cambria in Switzerland. Just looking at them makes me relax; imagine what a trip there would do. 

Do you have any end of summer travel plans? 

The Sarojin, Khao Lak, Thailand
Image by: sarojin.com
The Cambrian Hotel,  Adelboden, Switzerland
Image by: thecambrianadelboden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment